This is instruction that I prepared as member of a team, while working for one of my main customers (everyone created such instruction for other members of a team to read). I think it was awesome idea and may be useful for people that would like to get to know me better.
I'm the best version of myself when:
- my activities are aligned with my beliefs and are useful to the whole world
- I'm in environment that inspires and supports me
- I'm not under huge time pressure
- I have large chunks of uninterrupted time that I can use to do one task at a time
- I'm not closed in a box in some kind of template in relation to my professional work
- I do not have to take shortcuts and I have possibility of doing analysis and I can gain full understanding of the subject that I'm working on
value that I bring to the team:
- I think (at least I hope :)) that I bring at least a little bit of knowledge and experience when it comes to the server side application development and GNU\Linux based operating systems.
- I think that I'm good support in times of crisis in unexpected hours (when it comes to problems with applications or in general: helping other people)
- confidence when it comes to implementing things from ground up, starting from scratch
what I need from you...
- be nice (civil, courteous) to me and other people
- respect my freedom and independence
- keeping healthy distance to the work that we do
you can count on me, that I...
- will try to help you with technical / programming problems
- I will probably try and practice coding with you (I appreciate more practice than theory)
- I would love to create free software project with you (given the subject would be interesting to me)
it is good to know that I...
- I really like the concept of ELI5 (Explain to me Like I’m 5).
- I more of the star-trek than star-wars type.
- I'm actively trying to avoid blindly following fashion / hype / groupthink.