Carrier Management Document (CMD) is description of one's activities / achievements at work. Most of my work is confidential, since I've worked on commercial projects my whole career. CMD is a way of describing what I actually did so far at work.
I hope to participate in free software in the future - so at least some of my work would be visible.
- Participated in design phase of large project for customer from governmental / educational space in Poland. Lead many technical meetings with the customer's team to discover and specify software requirements. Cooperated closely with UX designer on designing features, co-created technical documentation and mockups.
- Implemented SF6 application for presenting and ordering trainings and webinars for a company from corporate training industry. Successfully used stimulus and turbo in this project. Prepared dev and stage environments from ground up using Ansible and docker / docker compose.
- Implemented application and infrastructure monitoring system using Prometheus and Grafana in production for in-house SaaS platform (stack: nodejs / angular 2+ / mongodb).
- Prepared configuration and deployed in production mentioned SaaS platform on AWS infrastructure. One interesting fact was that I learned about EFS service. Setup done using Ansible.
- Deployed and operated docker swarm cluster - production system for my client's customer (distributed php-fpm containers). Among other things, configured multiple environments for this application (stage, prod and environments for selected features), created docker images building pipeline using gitlab-runner, configured and successfully used NFS for filesystem sharing between worker nodes of this app.
- Executed major refactor legacy node.js application and adjusted / refactored / re-architected it for selling in Software as a Service model. Gained experience in implementing multi-tenant applications.
- Created and implemented architecture for SaaS platform targeted at digital and advertising agencies
- Containerized application / redone development, stage and production environments for docker usage in application based on: nodejs / angular / mongodb stack.
- Containerized legacy Ruby on Rails application for easier maintenance in production. Thanks to containers usage we achieved stability, repeatability and isolation of this really old system.
- Transitioned from PHP projects to NodeJS / AngularJS project - internal tool used for cooperation between people in digital advertising space.
- Initiated upgrade from AngularJS to Angular 2+. This process took long time but was successful - achieved hybrid application state that was stable and allowed for gradual upgrade.
- Introduced Ansible as a tool of choice in company-wide servers management (dedicated / bare metal and VPS-es)
- Executed major upgrade of complex application based on Symfony - upgrade from PHP5 to PHP7.
- Took over maintenance of parts of company server infrastructure (software layer) while working as a contractor / on B2B basis with my main client.
- Implemented pricing and order management software for my another client from dropshipping space. Developed from ground up essential internal tool that controlled pricing alghorithms used for most of customer's product catalog. Used Symfony 3 and then 4.
- Officially registered Simplercode as one-man software company :) Started to work on B2B basis 100% remotely with another company.
- Worked on legacy client's application - custom product's directory based on Symfony 2. Implemented major features relating to integration with internal APIs (warehouse software), efficient batch processing and data validation. Made major upgrades of underlying GNU\Linux operating system and application dependencies. Supported client for few years from now on.
- Took over team leader role (in a small software-house): directing new developers in their work, helping whole team with their projects and underlying infrastructure.
- Implemented interesting REST API integration for popular (in Poland) payroll software that was using Microsoft SQL Server.
- My first steps in configuring PHP application on dedicated servers remotely.
- Transitioned to work for another company, small software-house doing mostly traditional websites based on Zend Framework.
- In a team of 3 to 5 developers developed new version of in-house CMS based on Zend Framework 2 (rewrite from Zend Framework 1). CMS supported many different projects made for company's customers.
- Worked as frontend (HTML/JS) and backend (PHP) developer on wide range of web applications: proprietary CMSes, e-commerce applications, integrations with external APIs. Got experience supporting both: Zend Framework 1 and Zend Framework 2 applications.
- My first professional job at offshoring software company, during studies at the university (field of study: Information Technology Education). Cooperated in a team of 3 developers and also with QA team. Developed custom backoffice application in Symfony 1.4 and API for HTML5 application targeted at iOS devices.